- The race schedule has been expanded to include 11 different events, adding new races such as the Banderas 100k, Cheaha 50k, and the Where's Waldo 100k.
- Western States slots will only go to the top 2 men/women at race, and only at races of 50 miles or longer.
- Scoring will now be based on finishing time vs place.
- You only need to run two races to be in the running, and your best 4 count towards your score. Western States is no longer a required race to compete for the grand prizes.
- Still has mega-cash prizes for the top winners.
2009/2010 Montrail UltraCup Proposed Schedule
|08-22-09||Where's Waldo 100k||Willamette Pass, OR|
|09-27-09||Vermont 50 Mile/50k||Ascutney Mtn Resort, VT|
|11-07-09||Mountain Masochist 50 Mile||Lynchburg, VA|
|11-21-09||JFK 50||Washington County, MD|
|01-09-10||Bandera 100k/50k||Bandera, TX|
|02-27-10||Cheaha 50k||Cheaha State Park, AL|
|03-13-10||Way Too Cool 50k||Cool, CA|
|04-10-10||American River 50||Sacramento, CA|
|05-01-10||Miwok 100k||Marin Headlands, CA|
|05-08-10||Ice Age Trail 50||LaGrange, WI|
|06-26-10||Western States 100||Squaw Valley, CA|