A few of my favorite highlights from the retreat:
- Showing up with Bryon Powell in Big Sur just as Alex Nichols, Peter Maksimow, and Joe Grant return from a one-hour-turned-into-six-hours run across the Big Sur wild. ("we decided to run to a peak we could see...we didn't see any poison oak, I'm sure we'll be fine")
- Night hikes to just the right spot on a cliff at 5am, then sprinting like crazy up and down in all the new gear while the light was good.
- The hilarious back-and-forth "you're crazy" between trail runners who would rather run 10 miles before breakfast and CrossFitters who would rather bench press a small truck 40 times in 2 minutes.
- Seeing the faces of inov-8 employees as they rolled out their latest shoes, jackets, packs, and more, and knowing they rock.
- Watching Shona Stephenson (from Australia) take a selfie with every dog she passed on the trail to Sykes Hot Springs.
- Teaming up with Dan Bailey to learn about CrossFit rowing, only to realize later he's currently the #1 CrossFitter in the world. To my right? Anna Tunnicliffe, #4 in the world. And believe me, they look the part!
- Being able to share California with all these great international athletes!
|(Joe Grant and Peter Maksimow at the early morning photo shoot)|
|(Anna Tunnicliffe, Shane Farmer, Stuart Trees, and Dan Bailey doing lifts under the redwoods)|
|(inov-8 takes over the remote beaches)|
|(Runners and Crossfitters, all goofs)|
|(Amber Reece-Young and Ashley Moyer tackle the cliffs)|