A quick reminded that registration for the 2013 Boston Marathon is currently open for runners who have beat their age group standard by 20 minutes or more. Registration will then be opened, if space remains, to runners as follows:
- On Wed, 9/12 @ 10am EST, registration is open to runners who beat their time by 10+ minutes.
- On Fri, 9/14 @ 10am EST, registration is open to runners who beat their time by 5+ minutes.
- On Mon, 9/17 @ 10am EST, registration is open to all runners with a qualifying time. If registration exceeds the ~22,000 slots* by the end of the week, priority will be given to those with the fastest times in their age group.
- On Mon, 9/24 @ 10am EST, registration will re-open to all runners with a qualifying time if remaining slots are open.
|18-34||3hrs 05min 00sec||3hrs 35min 00sec|
|35-39||3hrs 10min 00sec||3hrs 40min 00sec|
|40-44||3hrs 15min 00sec||3hrs 45min 00sec|
|45-49||3hrs 25min 00sec||3hrs 55min 00sec|
|50-54||3hrs 30min 00sec||4hrs 00min 00sec|
|55-59||3hrs 40min 00sec||4hrs 10min 00sec|
|60-64||3hrs 55min 00sec||4hrs 25min 00sec|
|65-69||4hrs 10min 00sec||4hrs 40min 00sec|
|70-74||4hrs 25min 00sec||4hrs 55min 00sec|
|75-79||4hrs 40min 00sec||5hrs 10min 00sec|
|80 and over||4hrs 55min 00sec||5hrs 25min 00sec|
|Unlike previous years, an additional 59 seconds will NOT be accepted for each age group time standard.|
* The Boston Marathon is capped at 27,000 runners, but typically ~5,000 are set aside for volunteer and charity-related runners.