Some ultra stories that you might find interesting:
1) Kevin Sullivan, who placed 2nd at the Vermont 100-miler in his first 100m event (16:15), is interviewed by his local Andover, MA newspaper here. You can also read reports from Inov-8 Team members Andy Jones-Wilkins and Devon Crosby-Helms about their respective wins at the Vermont 100.
2) Danny Abshire, co-founder of Newton Shoes, tells Inc Magazine about how his experience at the Leadville 100 helped prompt him to start a shoe company from scratch (even though he wasn't in the biz).
3) Seattle's Van Phan has a nice blurb and pic in the Seattle Times.
4) Karl Meltzer talks about preparing for his speed record attempt on the 2,174 mile Appalachian Trail.
5) Peter Lubbers and Catherine Sullivan take on the 12 Hours of Cool.
I'm doing more reading than running these days, much in thanks to an abscess on my hip that is requiring some down time. Should be in good shape by start time for Where's Waldo.